UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

A place for you to create build diaries of the basket cases at the bottom of the garden/driveway.

No fix it part type threads please just cars, build diaries etc.

If you would like old threads from other parts of the forum moved here, feel free to PM a member of the team to get it moved for you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:42 am 
Site Admin

Hi All,

We have been wrangling over how to best balance the need to keep the "projects" forum as free from stickies as possible, with the need to retain good exposure for the really stand out projects/builds.

The outcome has been that we have created a new sub-forum "Inspiration Gallery".

This forum is for projects that really are a shining example of what it is possible for our members to achieve, and we will be being very selective over what we move into that forum (it is not possible for users to create a topic in that forum). Aside from this stringent (and some might say subjective) moderator led entry criteria, the following criteria must also be met:

The project/build must essentially be complete (although topics will not be locked so further comments/development will be welcome)
The project thread must have been based on UKSaabs (so no links to great builds on other forums, and no posting a project on here linking to another forum and expecting that to qualify).

Whilst it will be the moderation team essentially qualifying entry, we welcome suggestions/recommendations of projects thfor consideration. These can be your own project, or someone else's. Please feel free to make suggestions by pm to a mod, or by replying to this post.

Thanks,

UKS moderation team.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:05 pm 
UKS Addict

Sounds a good idea. I do like the Projects board but it would be great to have a completed projects section. Is there any way the authors or mods could tidy up the threads and get them down to a more manageable length? We do tend to chit chat or post encouragement on the Projects as they are coming along, but on a completed project thread you just really want the authors info, pics, and any pertinent comments.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:59 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 2001 - 93 Convertible
How about a 'before' and after for completed projects, with a link to the full thread of the work in progress?

2008 - Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 pm 
Active user

Car Model: 9000 cd, 9000 cse
I'd like to throw an idea out there. Whether it works or goes ahead is entirely up to the mods.

With sorting out the project threads how about also sorting them by model. Similar to the for sale section. I.e 99/900/9000, 93/95 etc.

Obviously the structure could be better thought out but for those of us who want to fix/modify/upgrade or whatever may find it helpful when looking for inspiration.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:00 pm 
Light Pressure Turbo

Car Model: 2005 9-5 2.3T Vector
Very interesting.
Kinda really curious as to what would qualify.
I'm in the process of getting my 9-5 SE 'upgraded' but to what extent and which direction I go is still in debate.
I could go for something that is highly pleasing to the eye, or along the lines of a "rat" (a motorbike term for something that is rather good in performance but looks apocalyptic) then there is also the 'streetfighter' style too..

I can see in my mind several possibilities. With the state of my bodywork (several scratches and dents) I could easily go either way with any of the above.. could even go for a futuristic type of theme had I the money to go spending on forming and respraying the bodywork..

As my car currently stands, the upgrades are nothing more than a swap over of Aero parts which anyone could do really. Yes it's still a project, but nothing spectacular to go writing home about hence my curiosity as to what fits the bill in the inspiration gallery :)

I am saving photos of everything I'm doing and will eventually write up a thread about it so it's all in one place rather than spread across a thread that is ninety pages long.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:16 pm 
UKS Addict

Car Model: 2stroke many V4's & 4 C900
Can the projects also be "item based" as well as whole cars? So something like this viewtopic.php?f=12&t=167219 would be included (when it's finished and fitted)??