UKSaabs

THE site for UK Saab people!
It is currently Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:07 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Advert titles must follow the format: Year - Model - Location - Price. eg. "1999 9-3 SE, Glasgow, £800"

**All posts in this section require individual moderator approval (which they will only get it if they are in line the rules of the forum). Please be patient and allow time for this to happen, and avoid duplicate postings.**

In an effort to reduce the size of the big orange box, full listing of rules for this section have been stickied HERE. If we notice a marked drop off in compliance with the rules the orange box will be restored.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 pm 
Saab Nut

Car Model: 9k Aero (Black) 900 T16S (Red)
Longshot I know but I'm copying over a post I have already placed on the Mazda 626 forum, in case it is of interest to anyone here:

Sadly my 626 has failed the MOT, primarily due to excessive rust in the rear sills. I have found a cheap replacement so am looking to move the old girl on :sad:.

Taken from the MOT fail sheet:

Reason(s) for failure:
Nearside rear Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings outer sill (6.1.B.2)
Offside rear Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings outer sill (6.1.B.2)
Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover excessively damaged so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt both rear (2.4.G.2)
Parking brake lever has no reserve travel (3.1.6b)

The drop links are an easy fix, about £10 each and two bolts to replace. The handbrake has been adjusted to its maximum and the disks/pads are relatively new so the issue is either within the caliper or the cable(s) need replacing. I think one of the calipers was replaced a year or two ago so it may just need one side doing. Worst case scenario, a pair of refurbed calipers off of Ebay are £75, and quote an easy job. The cable I do not know but I don't imagine they're expensive.

Which comes to the welding. The garage has said it would be a minimum of 5 hours work on the sills. In addition there is some surface rust on the rear arches. Other than that the car seems quite solid with just the usual minor scuffs and scrapes inherent to a 17 year old car.

The car has a good service history with receipts for recent work done and, indeed, the engine and gearbox seem in great shape and the car drives really nicely, runs smoothly and quietly, does not use any oil or water etc. I am not 100% sure as it doesn't say on any paperwork but I believe it to be the higher powered 2.0 petrol (136 HP?). It certainly pulls very well and I have picked up a speeding ticket in it! The leather seats are structurally in good nick but the leather colour has peeled in places. The rest of the interior is in great condition. A new stereo radio with USB, SD Car and Aux in (no CD player) plus two new 5x8 front speakers were fitted in the last year. I may take these back out but this is subject to negotiation depending on the offer.

The car is in Swindon, Wiltshire (UK). It is taxed until the end of the month but has no MOT and is not insured by me so in order to drive it on public roads, you will need trade plates or have a prebooked MOT to drive it to or something else, or drive it regardless (at your own risk but I will not stop you or tell anyone :wink:).

I am open to offers and you are welcome to come and view/discuss in person. Feel free to call (07757 526 285) or email (juggan66@yahoo.co.uk). I will upload some photos later but please ask if you have any questions.
Thanks for reading!

Tim

plus a £400 Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec Auto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:20 pm 
Saab Nut

As promised, some photos:

Engine:

Side 1:

Front & Side 2:

Front Bumper:

Tailgate:

Rear Bumper:

NSR Arch:

NSR Sill:

OSR Arch:

OSR Sill:

Interior:

Mileage:

Seats:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:36 pm 
Saab Nut

Car now sold.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]